1. Subject to the provisions of the Constitution and any applicable law, a person shall cease to be a member of the Institute upon the happening of any of the following events in relation to such person:
(i) expulsion and erasure from the Register of members in accordance with the Constitution
(iii) commission of or being found guilty of an offence involving moral turpitude;
(v) resignation; and
(vi) death of the member
2. Any person who seeks to resign from the Institute may do so in writing to the Executive Secretary and upon acceptance of the resignation by the GB/GC, the name of such person shall be removed from the Register of Members (the Register), and the information communicated to all members in writing or verbally at the next general meeting. Unless the GB/GC otherwise decides, such a person shall notwithstanding the termination of membership be liable for the payment of all outstanding subscriptions and instalments of entrance fees, capitation fee, due from him/her.
3. Unless the GB/GC resolves to the contrary any member whose annual subscription is two (2) months or more in arrears shall, cease to be a member and his/her name shall be removed from the Register.
4. The GB/GC may resolve by an extraordinary resolution that any member whose continued association with the Institute is deemed for any cause to be undesirable be expelled from the Institute and in such cases the GB/GC
subject to Article 5 shall remove his/her name from the Register.
5. A member affected by Article 4 shall be given reasonable notice of a meeting of the GB/GC called to consider the termination of his/her membership shall be given a reasonable opportunity of attending such meeting and of being heard in his/her own defense. The member shall also have the right of appeal to IICFA prior to his/her name being removed from the Register.
6. The Executive Secretary or any person appointed by the GB/GC shall notify any person who, by virtue of this Article 5 has ceased to be a member and may at the direction of the GB/GC publish the fact in the journal of the Institute.